Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More December Days- Dan aka Buddy the Elf

I do not talk nearly enough about my hubby on here. I happen to think he is a pretty great guy. He makes me and the kids laugh all the time. He's handsome, loving, kind, fun, tall, smart, witty, hard working, has a big heart, always willing to lend a hand, and in my opionion a great teacher as well. Not only to our children but to the ones he teaches at school.
Dan's favorite Christmas movie is Elf. The entire month of December he showed clips from the movie to his students. The last week of school was a fun spirit week. He decided he wanted to dress up like Buddy the Elf to drive the bus and teach before school was out for break.
 The night before "Buddy" showed up at school we decorated his entire classroom with paper chains and snow flakes like on the movie. Thank you to Katie and his first hour class for helping us make these beautiful decorations.
 Now if that is not a fun teacher I don't know what is! Dianna (mother in law) made the costume for him. I was on a mission to find tights for a 6'6" guy in yellow. I settled for a white pair and dyed them yellow. They turned out perfect and Dianna did a spectacular job on the outfit. Tatum was so proud that her Daddy was Buddy the Elf for a day and Titus was a little scared of the wig. He wasn't a fan of Buddy! This made my day and still makes me laugh every time I see the pictures. I never dreamed my hubby would be in an elf costume. I think all the students loved it and I know his bus route kids thought it was great. Thank you Dan for being such a fun teacher and showing the students and our kids it's okay to enjoy your job and life.
I love you Dan the Man :)

2 comments:

  1. He made memories for so many that day! You know, a lot of kids don't have anyone or anything in their lives that brings JOY to them. Dan certainly did that for them! I happen to think he is a great guy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This absolutely kills me. Every-Single-Time!

    ReplyDelete