Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Okay resolution time

Okay I feel like since everyone else did it I should post my goals/resolutions as well. The past few years and at other times Dan and I have made resolutions. I have never put them out there for others to see mainly because I might not make it. Last year we decided to go without drinking pop for a full year. I also decided I would stick with my work out for a full year. Dan got on board with that too and we are happy to say we both accomplished both goals. We have worked out a full year and have not drank pop. Well we did take one day off in June while on vacation and both had a sprite. (It was not worth it by the way.) Here we are ten days into the new year and still have not had any pop.With this goal of working out for a full year I accomplished more then I ever thought possible such as a 15k and a half marathon. Okay since we are on the health that is where I will start.

1. This year I plan to stick with working out and to learn more and more about our physical health.

2. Along with #1 I am trying to cook much healthier. So far pinterest has helped a ton with this. I am also trying lots of new recipes. I want to teach my children the importance of healthy bodies and eating.

3. This goal is the most important, I believe. I want to stick with a devotional and keep up to date with it. I want to set aside that important time with God every single day. I am also on day 11 with the church reading plan. I want to join my church family in reading the Bible through in 2012. So far I am sticking to it and want to continue. I hate that this will probably be the hardest resolution for me. I am still working on when the best time for me will be. I have tried morning, afternoon and night. I am thinking nap time is the best time. It's quiet in the house and I have that a lone time to spend with my savior. I turn my phone off and the computer off during this time.

4. I have also started a prayer journal. In the past I have jotted down different prayer requests on all different random places. This year I have a specific journal for just prayer requests. I am excited to look back and see how God has moved in different situations.

5. Of course I also want to enjoy every possible minute with my husband and babies as they grow and change through out this next year and try to get it all recorded on here.

There you have it folks but no in order of importance by any means. Happy New 2012. I can't wait to see what this year holds for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment