Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School

First week of school for both my babies.
Last Monday Tatum met her teacher. Mrs. Breedlove. She colored her a pretty picture for the meeting. She was so excited and couldn't wait to get there.
 Tuesday was Titus' first day of Wee school. He is going two days a week this year. He was so excited and told me he would love it. He said he was a little bit scared but still wanted to go. I asked if his heart was ready to go and he said "yes but my head is a little bit scared." So far he is loving school and tells me he likes to play there. I am having a hard time adjusting and dropping my baby boy off a couple days a week. He seems to little for this. I am trying to fill my days with grocery shopping and what ever errands need to be done so I have lots of play time when my babies are home.
 Titus walked in and hung his stuff up on the hooks then went straight to a monster truck.
 Tatum's first day was last Wednesday. She picked out her first day outfit all by herself. This is the lunch box and backpack she also picked out when school shopping. She is has good fashion a lot of times I must say. Some days that is a challenge though. She likes to pick out her own attire and I don't always agree. We try to compromise on this.
 I had to drop my baby girl off and keep from crying until outside. I cried all the way to Pryor. Such a hard thing dropping my sweet girl off for 8 hours in the hands of someone new. She came out of school that day so excited and full of new stories. She told me about new friends and adventures of the day. She is adjusting well. I am learning that she likes to confess anything that she could have done wrong for the day. The first thing out of her mouth yesterday was that she wasn't nice to her friend and her friend told her about it. She said she told her sorry and everything was fine. Then she said okay can we not talk about that any more. This is something she has started the last few weeks. It's like she must get whatever it is off her chest that she feels is a wrong. I hope she always feels free to talk to me. She told me the day before that she got in trouble for talking. I explained if she gets in trouble at school and the teacher has to call me then she will be in trouble at home as well. She was so nervous. I tried to get it across that the teacher had already punished her and she was not in trouble. Only if it was bad enough that she needed to send a note home, call, or go to the principal. I think she is starting to figure this all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment