Our little family

Our little family

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Final May days

I had such great plans of keeping us this summer but it has totally gotten away from me. I am going to attempt  highlight of summer!
Tatum started the summer off with a tube removal surgery. She did great! I was a little worried because last time she woke up crying and not happy. This time she was cracking Nammy and I up. She was saying the funniest stuff. Everything was so exciting from the apple juice to the not so cute socks they give you.

Here we are six weeks later at Tatum's check up. She was cleared and passed the hearing test with flying colors.

 We got invited to a St Louis Cardinals game by some sweet friends! It was such a fun trip. We did have a few car troubles and stayed an extra day but we didn't let that ruin the fun!

 We went to Grant's farms and saw lots of fun animals and an elephant show. The kids loved it. There is lots of interaction there with the animals.

We also checked out the St Louis Zoo! It was awesome! Our favorite part was the penguin exhibit. The best part about St Louis is all these things are free. We did have to pay for parking but there were no entrance fees. St Louis is now one of my favorite cities!
Of course we had to go up in the Arch. That does cost to go up but the museum at the bottom is free and very educational. It is scary up there! Tatum and Titus both were a little nervous at the top and not sure about looking out. I was the same way. Heights scare me!
Here are our different views of the Arch. The second nights stay was right across the highway from the Arch. This was our extra night we hadn't planned to be there. We called on this hotel and they said it was around $200 for that night. The guys got on hotels.com and got this same one for $60. Crazy!
It was a great weekend with my love
My sleeping babies after two hard days of playing in St Louis

Some cute things the kids have said a long the way

Titus had to have an EKG the end of May as a follow apt on his heart murmur. While laying on the ultra sound table he looked at me with his big brown eyes and so serious said "Momma, Me yuvs you". That boy melts my heart. So precious, he is so loving and sweet. He loves his cuddle time with Momma and Daddy. We know this will not last forever so we're trying to soak it up while we can.

Titus loves playing trucks, cars, planes and anything else that moves. He loves watching sports on TV already and can get into golf games on Daddy's phone as much as Daddy.

His Daddy hung the moon and he tells everyone he is going to be big and strong like his daddy. He thinks it's funny to tell me I'm short.

When I asked the kids where they wanted to eat Titus said "Old McDonalds" hehe cracked me up!

Titus is going to be Spider man when he grows up.

Titus does not like to be told he is pretty he says girls are pretty and boys are handsome. One afternoon while at my grandparents house my Great Grandma was telling him what a pretty boy he is. He was telling her he's handsome but she could not hear him so she kept saying "yes, yes you are a pretty boy". He finally got frustrated and came to tell me everything that had just happened. He said "Grandma Vaughn called me pretty." Me not pretty me HANDSOME"! I explained to him that it's okay she didn't know. He said "Stinkin Grandma Vaughn"! Oh my goodness!! I quickly explained we don't say that but my Grandparents could not hold their laughter. They thought it was the funniest thing! I then lost all composure as well!

Tatum is totally into playing dress up and barbies. She loves all things frilly and girly. She calls her dress up shoes or heals glass shoes. Like Cinderella.

She told me about watching Donald Duck and his nephews ~ Hewey, Dewey, and Shewey (Louie)!! (No clue how they spell their names. Sorry)! Lol well that rhymed good try sweet girl!

Tatum tells me she is going to be a cooker and a ballerina when she grows up.

She loves her Momma and Daddy with all her heart. She loves having friends over and someone to play with. She is growing up so quickly on me. She is looking forward to going to school everyday and can't wait to meet her teacher. She loves babies and is always mothering Titus and anyone she can. She's a pretty deep thinker. She asks a lot of questions about Jesus and Heaven. I try to answer as age appropriate as possible. We have lots of talks about Heaven and what they do there. She asked us on the way home from church is we knew that God know how many hairs we have? She is soaking up everything she is being taught. I hope she always hungers to learn more about Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment