Our little family

Our little family

Monday, August 20, 2012

August Already!

August is already here and I can't believe it. Summer has gone by quickly as usual. We started this month off with appointments and getting ready for school. 

After appointments we took Tatum and Titus to play at Incredible pizza. They played hard. On the way home Titus fell a sleep with his super hero mask on.

We have had very little rain this summer. With that our state has had it's share of wild fires. Here is one out of control in front of my parents house. Praise the Lord it was stopped just before it crossed the road over to their yard. It was a scary afternoon. 

 Every since we moved into our house I have wanted to paint the kids rooms. I had big plans and projects for this summer but spent to much time playing. So when it was to hot to play outside a couple weeks ago we painted rooms. Tatum needed new bedding for her room. She picked the zebra out all by herself. She like the leopard too but that was just to old. My choice was butterflies and flowers but she likes pizazz!! I am loving her new purple walls. Its so bright and cheery.
 Titus picked blue and red for his walls. I thought red would be a little to much so we settled with just blue. He wanted to change his mural to monster trucks too but that's not happening right now. My iPhone camera makes it look a little purple but it's a sky blue.

 Titus will be going to school two days a week this year. He met his teacher last week. He was all smiles and very excited. I am so not ready for this. My baby can't be old enough!! Yes, I will cry like a baby when he goes into his class room. 
I asked him the night before meet the teacher if he was excited to meet her? He said "Yes, but a little bit scared". I asked why and he told me his head is a little scared. I said oh well what about you heart. He said my heart isn't scared it's ready. It broke my heart. I told him he could stay home with Mommy and he told me no he's ready to go to school just a little scared. On our way to meet his teacher he said "Mommy I'm nervous"!


 Tatum and a couple friends started gymnastics last week. She is so excited about it. All day long she kept telling me she was so excited and then would ask me if I was so excited!


Saturday my cousin Nicole got married. She asked me to do her hair and her bridesmaids hair. I did Nicole's hair winter ball when she was in high school and maybe prom too but I can't remember. It was an honor for me to be apart of her special day in this way. She was a beautiful bride. 

This week school starts for both kids. Titus starts Tuesday and Tatum starts Wednesday. I am not ready for summer to be over but I am ready for schedule and routines again. I can't believe Tatum will be in kindergarten. I will miss her. She will be gone all day every day this year and it'll take some getting used to on both our parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment