Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My first Blog

I am going to give this blog thing a shot. I will do my best to keep up with it. I make sure and journal every so often what is going on in our lives and with both kids. I plan to do it more often now that I have a blog. I would love to have documentation of our lives through the years of all we experience together.

I am Launi, happily married to Dan and we have two children Tatum, 3 years old and Titus 2 years. Right now our big challenge of the week is Titus no longer wants to wear a diaper. He wants to wear his cars underpants that he found in his drawer. He has successfully used the potty several times and we have started  potty chart. The chart worked great for Tatum so we are trying it again with Titus. He loves putting the stickers on after he does his business. I am not sure he is ready for this potty training thing or not. He seems so young. I am not going to push this issue at all just going to see where it goes from here.

We are working with Tatum to learn a new verse every week. My mother in law Dianna has a bible memorization book for little ones that she used with her boys. It is the ABC's of the Bible. This week we are on D. Ahhh my cup runneth over just hearing my baby girl recite from God's word. She doesn't know full verses yet or where they are found. We are on the 3 year old program and then at 5 or 6 years we go back and learn the rest with them.

All we like sheep have gone astray.
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.
Children obey your parents in the Lord.
Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you.

These are the verses she has learned so far. It is so cute to hear Titus say "All we like sheep have gone astray". Maybe I'll figure out how to put the video up eventually.

How we got where we are today....
I'll start telling you a little of our story at a time. It would take way to long in one post. Dan and I started dating 10 years ago this past December. We met at Hillsdale FWB College and have been together ever since. We married 4 years later June 5, 2004. We had a great college life and wouldn't change it for the world. I met so many life long friends there and my soul mate. We moved back home in 2005 and got jobs. He started work at a bank and a month later I got a job at an oil company as the receptionist. The job was a total God thing that fell right smack in my lap.

Ok I will start there...
Dan and I had lived at home for almost two full months. He found a job right off the bat. This was my home turf why was I having troubles. Well it was because I was looking and not letting God do the work. This particular morning Dan had already left for work and I fell flat on my face in prayer on the bathroom rug. This is where most big prayer meetings with God have happened in my life. There is no place more humbling. I cried out to him and sobbed because I was getting scared. We had a new apartment, car payment, insurance and student loans. Our savings was starting to run low and we couldn't make it on Dan's salary a lone. I put my plea before the Lord. We knew it was our time to move and felt it was the right time. I asked him to show me exactly where to go. At the time we had a dog and I was dog sitting for a friend. I got off the bathroom floor feeling totally at peace again with our decision and took the dogs outside. God had told me to wait he would take care of us. I left my phone inside. When I got back in I had several missed calls and voicemails from my Mom. My former boss' wife was trying to get a hold of me because her company was hiring and she had put a good word in for me. I could not believe God worked so fast. Again I dropped to my knees and thanked God for answering my prayers so fast. I knew this is what I was waiting for. I had an interview the next day and before I even got home my new boss was calling saying the job was mine if I wanted it.

God has shown himself to me like this over and over. Growing up I always wanted to work in a building with several floors and lots of business people. He gave me those desires of my heart and he has also given me the chance to be a stay at home mom. I also always wanted to stay home with my babies when they came a long. The journey here was not an easy one but its been a good one. 

The rest of the story will come. I am here to tell you if there is a will there is a way....

1 comment:

  1. yay! i like! doing this will be no different than doing xanga... really!

    ReplyDelete