Our little family

Our little family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My cup runneth over

As I sit here listening and watching my little family running around making little noises and conversation I feel so totally blessed. It's a rainy April evening and we have been watching Toy Story and talking all about our day. Tatum has been talking 90 to nothing telling her daddy every detail of her day. We emptied our change jar the other day and rolled all the coins to take to the bank. We save our change for vacation money. Tatum is extra excited this year because we are going to Disney World she says to see the castle! Tonight she ran into her room and got her little pink polka dot piggy bank. She emptied her bank and said lets use this money for vacation too!! (We won't use her money for vacation but she thinks she's contributing)

Titus our quiet one sat and watched this all play out. He then took me in his room and pointed at his pig on his shelf and said mine! His has a baseball cap and baseball stitches on the side. He has been very occupied with dumping the pig and then putting each coin back in one by one. As I watch him I am reminded how much he has grown and changed in two short years. I take for granted that my children can do simple tasks such as putting shapes in the right slots or putting coins in a piggy bank.

So often I forget to thank the Lord in the small things. I take for granted so much and this evening I am feeling so thankful for all he has blessed us with. A roof over our heads, food on our table, cars to get us from here to there, healthy happy babies, a Godly husband and father and head of our home, and family that I can always count on for any and everything. I take for granted that my kids have Godly grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. That is a rare thing in this world today.

Just an insight into my thoughts for the day.

Tatum comments of the week
Momma, I am so weared out!
Titus, I can't see! Move your fat head!! (I have no idea where she heard fat head)!!
Awww snot bubbles!! (Not a clue on that one either, probably daddy)

She informed me today that I can go back to my job someday after she goes to college and gets a job because that's what Nanna did. She has it all figured out!

Titus is all boy but at nap time and bed times he is my little sweetie. He puts his arms out and says Wub you this much!
After I change his diapers he almost always say "wug" (hug) and gives me a big squeeze a lot of times with an ornery expression because he is trying to do it hard but hey I will take it how I can get it!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! This is an awesome post Launi. I wish I could be around you guys more. I feel like I miss out on so much being down here, but it makes the time we get to spend together that much sweeter. Love you guys and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too Dustin and your sweet family. We can't wait to see all of you again. Eli is growing to fast! Hopefully summer time will bring slower pace for all of us.

    ReplyDelete