Our little family

Our little family

Monday, March 19, 2012

First 5K with my Dad!

Here is my Mom and Dad at the St Patty's day race March 17th getting ready to cross the finish line! I am so proud of them both. They did a great job and finished in a good time!

As most of you know my Mom had a heart attack last summer and scared us all to death! It has since changed our way of thinking and our lives. I know for sure it has for my parents and even Dan and I. We had already committed to working out for a full year but after this with Mom it drove me even more. I started running races and trying even harder to get in shape and stay there. I want to be a good example for my family. My Mom has recovered great and looks great too! She is working out around 6 days a week. I am proud of her for working hard and taking care of her body. I want her around a LONG time!! I plan to live in the apartment next door to them in our retirement home someday!!

I never thought we would talk Dad into a race with us either but he works out with my Mom and he is doing and looking awesome.  Mom has been working out for several years and has done 5K's before. This was Dad's first time to join us and I think he liked it. I don't think this will be his last!
Here we all are after the race. Dad, Mom, Me and Aunt Vickie (Dad's sister) Vickie and I did our first ever 5K together six years ago. It was so much fun. Our goal was to just finish. Her fast walk is my jog. I don't know how she walks to fast!! It's crazy! She just about killed me! (maybe not but I thought so) I am excited about this new year of races with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. I about broke a sweat just reading about these 5k's! LOL. just kidding! ;)

    ReplyDelete