Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December days!

There will be several updates today while I play catch up and have the time. Wednesdays are usually a calm day. We are using today to enjoy being home, clean, catch up on laundry and stay in our pj's a little to long. Tatum is coloring, painting her fingernails and making a few cards. Titus is playing cars and trains while I sit here typing. 

For a little side job and because I enjoy it I've been decorating Christmas trees. This has been so fun seeing all the different trees and ideas of each family. Thank you all for giving me the privilege of doing your trees.

 These next two are of our tree
 This last tree I had to pull in Dan for help. It's 12 feet tall. I could not reach the top on the highest step of the ladder. It was a little scary. If I am asked to do this tree again next year I will be taking a tall ladder. I love the tree and all it's colors. I was excited to do a big tree!

 My Mom bought the kids Advent calendars this year. Each day Tay and Ty open one door and see the shape of the candy and count down another day. I have tried to teach them each day about Advent and the coming birthday of Jesus we are going to celebrate.
 Last week a little elf joined us to help santa watch the kiddos to see if they've been naughty or nice. We have gone between two names. Elfie and Stokesie the Stoke elf. We haven't settled on one official name yet. I kind of like Stokesie. Yesterday he was in the same position as the day before because the kids had gotten in a little trouble on Monday. Since he had extra time at the house he turned our milk green!! This has been a fun new game. They both get up and race to see where the little guy is hiding that day.
 We had a family night out to eat BBQ and then to Cherry Berry. We love going here and letting the kids pick out all their own toppings. Tatum wants everything on hers and Titus wants no ice cream with only candy in his bowl. Afterwards we went looking at Christmas lights. We have had a few other family nights watching Christmas movies. We have so far watched White Christmas (a must for Momma), Elf (a must for Daddy), Rudolf, and frosty.
 Friday Katie and Livy invited us over for to decorate Christmas cookies. We had so much fun and the kiddos did a great job! Thank you for inviting us.

This is a little glimpse in what we have been doing so far this Christmas season. Saturday will be our first two Christmas celebrations. Hopefully I can keep up with the posts through the rest of this month.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful trees and cute kiddos! Can't believe the holidays are over!

    ReplyDelete