Our little family

Our little family

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birthday Party Day

I have a few quiet minutes this morning to write a few thoughts before finishing touches must be done. Today is my Baby Girls fourth birthday party. FOUR years old!!!! I can not believe that my tiny little 5 pound 7 ounce baby is turning four!!! Tatum's actual birthday is not until Thursday but today is party day. We are having her first swim party at Aunt Katie and Uncle Derick's new pool. We have kept the party small and quiet from her just in case it had to be called off due to new baby cousin arriving. Now she knows about the party and is so VERY excited!! Even if a baby comes today the party must go on if only for a shorter time. I could no bear to see her sweet face disappointed.

We will not be home on her actual birthday so we celebrated last night. I pulled out the "special" plate just for her. I bought it last year at the Battle Creek Christmas Gathering. It has been a great investment. It's a red plate that says "You Are Special Today". Any time someone has something exciting going on or was extra good that day we pull out the plate. Last night Tatum knew exactly what it was and started jumping up and down saying "YES"!! I also got out the big birthday flag to put outside. I am waiting until she wakes up to put it out. Titus still thinks that flag is his because the last time it was out for his birthday.

I will post pictures later of the day. For now I have to start icing princess cupcakes. Every time one of my kids have a birthday it is always a bitter sweet day for me. I am so excited they are having a birthday but sad at the same time they are growing so quickly.  A lot of days I have a strange sense of urgency to do my normal chores so I can play and watch the kids. I am afraid this time will pass far to quickly and I will miss it if I blink. Tatum starts wee school in the fall and that has crept upon me to soon. She will be making new friends and learning so many new things.

Next birthday party will be a lot different with all her little friends running around. For now I am off to enjoy my baby girl as just that my baby. (She will always be my baby.) Next year will be her first friend party (family also) but I know it will be different. So today I will soak it in and take time to enjoy a last as Karen Kinsbury would tell us to do her last intimate family party. Okay well as intimate as it can be with our two big families.

No comments:

Post a Comment